Monday, January 21, 2013

My diet

Last week was very hard for me. I did well the first few days but on Friday I ate like there was no tomorrow. I was so disappointed in myself. So today we are off to a new week and I will try again. I went on the Internet and found another source about the three day diet here is the link. http://3daydiets.net/

I hope this helps for any of you that are following me!

Now on to the things I love!  The other day my daughter and I made butternut squash soup, well actually my daughter did the cooking. It was amazing. Here is how we made it

1 butternut squash roasted in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes with olive oil salt and pepper to your liking. Also cut the squash in half scrape the seeds out.

Cook 2 carrots, 2 sticks of celery, 1 yellow onion, in 1 stick of butter, until they are soft. Add the squash no skin,  nutmeg to your liking, salt, and pepper. Then add 6 cups of water flavored with bullion cubes, I used knorr. Let the soup simmer for about fifteen minutes, then blend with an emersion blender or use your blender to make a puree. We did not add anything else because it didn't need it. To serve i added a tsp of sour cream. Courtney and i thought it would be great with goat cheese. This soup was better than boudin bakery.  I have made a lot of soups and this one is one of the best!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment