Sunday, April 20, 2014

Cooking class

Yesterday I took a cooking class with my friend Ruthie! It was so much fun!  It was a flat bread class, we made different flat bread  from all over the world. My favorite one was knackbrod, see recipe below!

This bread is almost like a cracker, it had a very distinct taste. I didn't think I was going to like it at all. It was delicious!  The chef said it would last a very long time, and yes I would make it again.

The other night I made these sandwiches!  I call them a chicken ranch sandwich!
I used this recipe:


Flat bread

1tsp of yeast
1tsp salt
2tbls sugar
1 cup warmzwater
21/2 cup flour
Mix kneed
Let rise in bowl with olive oil
Make 8 balls let rise for 1/2 hour on parchment
Cook in hot skillet

When u flip brush with melted butter

From the class I took yesterday the chef said to mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Also let your dough be a little sticky, it will make a softer bread. My family loves these. Sorry my picture is not very good, I will try to take better pictures. So all I did was make the bread, cook my chicken, cut cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions. This would also be greek as a Greek gyro sandwich with tzatziki sauce!

Here is a picture of my friend Ruthie and I at our class yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment